Traditional Lebanese Chicken Kafta us so quick and easy to make with simple ingredients. Serve alongside rice, salad or in a pita with some garlic sauce!
Ingredients of Chicken Kafta
- 1 small piece sliced sandwich bread
- 1 ½ lb ground chicken
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 ½ tsp sweet pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- olive oil
How to Make Chicken Kafta
- Toast the bread until golden brown.
- Place it in bowl and cover with water.
- Let it sit until tender then squeeze the bread.
- Add the ground chicken, onion, garlic, fresh parsley, mint, spices and a dash of salt and pepper with bread.
- Add the egg and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix well.
- Wet your hand with a tiny bit of water and begin to form the chicken mixture into 8 oval patties.
- Put patties in refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Grease the grates of a gas grill or an indoor griddle with a little bit of oil and heat to medium-high.
- Place the kofta on the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side until fully cooked.
- Serve immediately, garnished with another sprinkle of Aleppo pepper.