Po Pia Tod dish is not only Vietnamese restaurants in Thailand that available; you can find this dish at Thai restaurants and also at street food vendors too.
INGREDIENTS of POH PIA TOD
- 16 spring roll wrappers
- 5 prawns
- 4 Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Fresh bean sprouts
- 2 Packages noodles
- 2 Tbs Chopped Spring Onion
- 2 Tbs Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrot
- 1/2 Tbs thai pepper powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- Flour paste
How to make POH PIA TOD
- Take the minced prawns in a bowl.
- Wash Mushrooms in warm water until soft then drain and slice.
- Soak noodles in water for about 15 minutes, then, while still soaking, cut them into 1″ length pieces.
- Make a flour paste by mixing flour with water. Keep aside. This will act like a glue to hold your wrappers.
- Open your package of frozen wrappers, and set on a cooking sheet.
- Cover with a damp paper towel.
- Cook vegetable and minced garlic with some oil in a pan. Fry until lightly golden.
- Add minced shrimp, shiitake, beanthread, carrot, and gently stir in soy sauce, sugar, and pepper powder. Cook well.
- Add bean sprouts, spring onion, and cilantro. Mix well and cook for 15 minutes.
- put one spring roll wrapper on a clean surface and place the filling on top, then fold and roll.
- Fry the spring rolls in about one inch of vegetable oil. Remove from oil.
- Your spring rolls should be served with any sauce.