If you want to enjoy the combination of soft sponge cake and custard in one cake, you will love this pandan kaya layer cake.
- PREP TIME: 45 MINS
- COOK TIME: 45 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 6 HRS 30 MINS
Ingredient of PANDAN KAYA LAYER CAKE
pandan kaya paste:
How to Make PANDAN KAYA LAYER CAKE
- Mix sugar and egg yolks and milk, add corn oil, stir well.
- whisk egg white, cream of tartar and sugar until stiff peak.
- Add 1/3 of the egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture, add in flour in 3 batches, alternate with milk.
- Fold in the rest of the egg white into the egg yolk mixture.
- Put the batter into mould, bake for 30 mins.
- Remove the cake from oven.
- After cooling, cut into 3 pieces.
- Place sugar, salt, flour and gelatin powder together in a bowl, add in liquid and cook with low heat until bubbles appears.
- Put in 1/4 of the pandan kaya paste into the mould, place a piece of cake sponge in the middle, add in 2nd layer of paste, place 2nd piece of cake sponge in the middle. Add in 3rd layer of paste, place 3rd piece of cake sponge in the middle, and pour in the last layer of paste.
- Place the cake in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Decorate with grated coconut.