Yema Bread Rolls with soft, fluffy buns and creamy egg custard filling are the ultimate snacks. These rolls are a great snack/dessert that are lip-smacking and delightfully sweet. If you love yema or condensed milk, you really shouldn’t miss making these.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Proofing the dough: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients of YEMA ROLLS
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp condensed milk
For the Yema
- 2/3 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
How To Cook YEMA ROLLS
- Sprinkle yeast over warm milk in a bow.
- Add the sugar, butter, salt and eggs to the bowl.
- Add the flour one cup at a time and stir after each addition.
- Turn the dough over on a floured board. Knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Gather the dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise for an hour.
- Roll the long side of the dough, make one long log. Pinch the edges and cut the dough into equal portions.
- Lay the rolled portions on greased baking sheet. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake the rolls for 30 minutes. Let the rolls cool slightly. Spread the yema icing on top.
Make the Filling
Stir together the softened butter and condensed milk until the mixture is smooth.
- In a pan over medium heat, stir together condensed milk, milk, egg yolks, and salt.
- Once the mixture becomes thick but still pourable, turn off heat and stir in the vanilla.