Every holiday season there are party appetizers that have become a tradition for us to make and snack on. Bagel Mini Pigs is best party appetizer for everyone. Now I decided to make homemade pigs in a blanket and I’m kind of wanting to kick myself for waiting so long to do so as this is seriously one of the easiest appetizers to make with just some ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients of Bagel Mini Pigs
- 1 sheet frozen all-butter puff pastry
- 6 smoked pork sausages, halved
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- 1 large whisked egg
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp dried minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- ½ Tbsp white sesame seeds
- ½ Tbsp black sesame seeds
- ½ Tbsp flaked sea salt
How to Make Bagel Mini Pigs
- Roll out the prepared puff pastry and slice into evenly sized squares.
- Brush the centre of each square with mustard.
- Place the sausage on the mustard and trim the ends of the pastry.
- Brush the left side of the square with egg wash and roll.
- Press the ends to seal. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining squares.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss garlic, onion, sesame seeds and salt.
- Brush the top of each sausage roll with the remaining egg wash, and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with mustard for dipping!