These muffins are soft and tender with a great vanilla flavor. But the highlight is the cinnamon and brown sugar crumble topping. It’s good enough to eat by itself! Sweet and buttery, this topping tastes just like the kind you get at bakeries and coffee shops.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients of Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Make Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- Mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, then cut the butter in until it resembles small chunks the size of peas.
- Put it in the fridge while you make the muffin batter.
- In a stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs then add in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Put the batter into the muffin liners then sprinkle the crumb topping over the top of the batter, pressing the crumble in slightly.
- Bake for half an hour. Muffin is ready to serve.