Chana Dal Modak is one of my favourite sweet or modak. It is so tasty and pretty easy to make as well.
Ingredients of Chana Dal Modak
- 1 cup Mawa
- a pinch of salt
- boiling water
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chana dal
- 2.5 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp ghee
How to make Chana Dal Modak
- Boil the Chana dal in a pressure cooker.
- Add in 2.5 cup of water.
- Add sugar and water in a sauce pan and heat till it is melted.
- Add in coconut, cooked chana dal and mix well.
- Keep cooking this till it is thick.
- Add in cardamom powder, ghee and mix well.
- Remove this to a bowl and cool down.
- Divide it into small balls.
- Take water in a pan, add in salt and 1 tsp of oil.
- Once the water reaches a boil add in rice flour and mix well.
- Cool for 15 mins.
- Prepare the modak into shape to add the filling.
- Now place the modak in a steamer and steam it for 10 mins.