Patholi is made with rice filled with Jaggery-coconut mixture, wrapped in turmeric leaves which makes it a special dish.
- Prep Time: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins
Ingredients of Patholi
- 10 large turmeric leaves
- 2 cups fine rice flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 2 cups powdered jaggery
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 pinch of grated nutmeg
- dry fruits
How To Make Patholi
Mix the rice flour, salt and water to a thick batter.
Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling.
- Take the turmeric leaves and rinse with water.
- Wipe each leaf.
- just slice it thinly with a knife without breaking the leaf.
- Cut the base stalk of the leaf.
- Spread the rice flour batter evenly on the leaf.
- Add the filling in the center of the leaf.
Now fold the leaf.
Press the edges.
Steam the patholi on medium flame for about 15 minutes.
When warm, remove the cooked turmeric leaves.
And serve patholi with some milk or ghee.