If you like meat dishes coated well in masala and roasted to a dark colour and with the perfect blend of spices highlighting the flavour of black pepper, this is for you!
Ingredients of Mutton Pepper Varattu
- 500 gms Mutton
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Fennel powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 medium Onions (sliced)
- 1/2 tbsp,ginger & garlic
- 15 pearl onions (sliced)
- 1.5 tsp Crushed pepper powder
- Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
How to Make Mutton Pepper Varattu
- Marinate cleaned mutton pieces with lemon juice, fennel powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add sliced onions and cook till it browns.
- Add marinated mutton pieces, curry leaves and crushed pepper powder.
- Add 1 cup water and bring it to boil.
- Pressure cook the mutton till it’s done and the gravy is thick.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add sliced shallots, crushed ginger & garlic and curry leaves. Cook till it browns.
- Add crushed pepper powder and fry.
- Add cooked mutton along with the gravy and give a good mix.
- Cook for 10 mins until the gravy is almost dried.
- Switch off the flame and let the curry rest for half an hour.
- Serve hot .