Hing ka achar- An very popular,delicious ,oil free raw mango pickle with a strong taste of asafoetida and red chilies. Summer season is incomplete with out making few batches of our favourite pickles and preserves.Mango pickle tops the list as it is every ones favourite and easily available
Prep Time: 30 mins Total Time: 31 mins Course: Side Dish Cuisine: Uttar Pradesh Cuisine Servings: 250 servings Calories: 15 kcal
Ingredients of Aam Ka Hing Ka Achar
- 2 kgs Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam
- 125 gms Salt / Namak
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 2 tbp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 3/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/2 cup Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 250 gms Jaggary / Gud *
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel optional
Also Read: Mango Jam
Method of Aam Ka Hing Ka Achar
- Wash and dry the mangoes very well.
- Peel the raw mangoes then make slices or cubes according to your choice.
- Take the raw mango pieces in a glass or plastic container and mix with salt, turmeric and 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Now cover the container with a lid and keep it in the sun for about a week.
- When the raw mango pieces become tender and the water syrup becomes thick enough, add asafoetida, 1/2 cup of oil, chili powder and jaggary.
- Mix well and store in the sun for 2 days and start using after 2-3 days.
- If you don’t want to add jaggaryen to the pickle, add 1/2 cup mustard oil.
- If you do a small amount, you can skip the jaggary and the oil both.
- Use only glass or plastic containers, do not use metal containers.
- Use a good quality of asafoetida forte, the quantity of asafoetida depends on the quality of the hinge.
- The size and the cut of the pieces depend on your choice, you can cut or cut the raw mango.
- It can take about a week to 15 days to completely dry the water and soften the mango pieces.
- Kashmiri chili powder is added to give the pickle a bright red color, but you can only use normal red chili powder instead of using both.