Achaari Aloo Roll is a glossy roll made with a mixture of spicy potatoes, pickles and an exotic blend of spices. The filling of the rolls can be made with onion or tomato rings, as you wish. This is an excellent snack dish that gives great joy to the tongue. Here you can use homemade or ready-to-use pickles, but the condition is that they must be fresh and juicy enough to make the rolls.
- 4 potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- 6-8 Indian flat bread Roti’s (wheat flour rotis)
- 4 tbsp mango pickle
- 1 small onion thinly chopped
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tomato rings (remove pulp)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Heat the pan and add the oil. When the oil begins to heat, add the curry leaves, cumin seeds and kalonji. Sauté for a few seconds then add the chopped ginger and green peppers. Stir for a few more seconds.
- Now add the chopped onion and sauté until the onion is translucent. Sauté over medium-high heat. Mash the boiled potatoes and mix with the onion. Add salt, cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala and garam masala powder. Mix well and sauté for 4-5 minutes over low heat.
- Finally, add the chopped cilantro and set aside. Now place a roast on a clean, dry surface, place a spoonful of potato mixture in the center, spread out a teaspoon of mango pickle, place 1 to 2 tomato slices and sprinkle with chaat masala.
- Roll it up and wrap it with tissue paper. In the same way, make the remaining rolls. Serve immediately.