Pickles and Chutneys make a meal more appetising. Ginger pickle is tasty, aids in digestion and very easy to make.
Ingredients for Ginger Pickle
- Ginger – 250 grams
- Lemon – 250 grams
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Black salt – 1 teaspoon
- Asafetida – 2-3 pinch
- Black pepper – 1 tablespoon
- Roasted Cumin seeds– 1 tablespoon.
How to prepare Adrak Achar
- Peel, wash in clean water and let it dry.
- Cut ginger in small thin pieces.
- Wash and wipe dry lemons.
- Cut and squeeze lemon juice.
- Mix ginger pieces, lemon juice, salt, black salt, hing, roasted cumin seeds and black pepper in a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well and transfer the pickle to a glass container.
- Seal the lid tightly and keep the container in sunlight for 7 days.
- Ginger pickle stays fresh for 6 months.
- Always use dry and clean spoon to take pickle from the container. Keep in dry place.