Aebleskiver is denmark special healthy recipe. These are also called Danish pancake balls sold in bakeries and at street markets there.
- Prep time: 10 MINUTES
- Cook time: 10 MINUTES
- Total time: 20 MINUTES
INGREDIENTS of Aebleskiver
- 2 eggs, seperate whites and yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups buttermilk
How to Make Aebleskiver
- Beat the egg whites with an mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and sugar in a pan.
- After stirring, add the egg yolks, melted butter and buttermilk and mix well.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
- Heat your aebleskiver pan.
- Brush each cup with a little melted butter with brush, then fill with about 2 tablespoons of batter.
- As soon as the aebleskivers begin to bubble around the edges, use the knife edge letting the batter slide around to fill in the bottom of the cup.
- Continue cooking, turning the aebleskiver again and continuing to turn until golden brown all the way around and cooked through.