Traditional ratatouille vegetables, like zucchini, are mixed with Italian herbs and then air-fried to create a quick and easy side dish that is nutritious and delicious. The use of an air fryer prevents vegetables to become soggy without using too much oil. You will need the an adaptable baking dish to use inside the fryer basket.
- 8 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1⁄2-inch
- 11⁄2 cups cubed eggplant (1⁄2-inch/1 cm cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup cubed zucchini (1⁄2-inch/1 cm cubes)
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄8 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Also Read: Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, red pepper, eggplant, zucchini, onion, oil, salt and pepper until coated.
- Transfer the vegetables to the fryer basket. Air fry for 13 to 17 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve sprinkled with basil and parmesan.