These apple pies are warm, sweet and comforting. The crust is flaky and tasty, while the inside is saccharine, juicy and tangy. The secret to apple pie is to use more than one type of apple, so be sure to get creative with your toppings. You can assemble them ahead of time and air fry them before serving, or reheat and serve them for breakfast with a cup of coffee.
Ingredients Of Air Fryer Apple Pies
Also Read: Air Fryer Banana Bread
Direction Of Air Fryer Apple Pies
- Place 1 pie crust on a lightly floured surface and roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Using a round cookie or 2 1/4 inch cookie cutter, cut the pie crust into any shape.
- Repeat another pie crust. Fill about half of each shapes with apple pie filling.
- Place a second shape of pie crust on top, making a mini pie. Do not overfill. Press the edges of the mini pies, crimping with a fork to seal.
- Brush the beaten egg top and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Preheat the fryer to 360 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place a batch of mini pies in the basket of the air fryer, leaving space around each for air circulation.
- Cook until golden brown 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from basket and bake the remaining pies. Serve warm or at room temperature.