Brimming with a great traditional banana flavor, take a slice of this banana bread with a cup of tea for breakfast, or enjoy it as an afternoon snack with a small splash of butter and / or a side of fruit. In a way, by the power of the magic of the air fryer, the moist and dense texture of this banana bread is wonder.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ or whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 to 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, optional
Also Read: Chicken Wontons
Direction Of Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Whisk together the flour, wheat germ, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Crush the bananas until very smooth in a separate medium bowl.
- Add sugar, oil, yogurt, vanilla and egg to the banana, whisk and make them smooth paste. Sift the dry ingredients through the wet and fold them with a spatula until they are just combined.
- Scrape the dough in a 7 inch round air fryer, metal cake pan or aluminum pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with the turbinado sugar if desired, for a crunchy and sweet filling.
- Put the pan in a 5.3-liter air fryer and bake at 310 degrees F, turning the pan halfway, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean in 35 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Unmold the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely on the wire rack before slicing into quarters to serve.