Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan: It is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. As delicious as it is, also a healthy recipe. And using the air fryer, it is easy and quick to make. Let’s see how to make it.
- Preparation Time: 15 m
- Cooking Time: 20 m
- Total Time: 35 m
Ingredients To Make Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- marinara sauce according to taste (optional)
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese, or as needed (optional)
ALSO READ: Coconut Shrimp Air Fryer
Steps To Make Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Add and mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and the beaten eggs in a third shallow bowl.
- Dip the sliced eggplants first in flour, then in beaten eggs and finally cover with the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Place the coated eggplant on a plate and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Preheat an air fryer to 185 degrees C.
- Place rounds of breaded eggplants in the fryer basket, making sure that they do not touch; Work in batches if necessary.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turn each round and cook until you get the desired crunch texture, 4 to 6 more minutes.
- Cover each eggplant with marinara sauce and 1 slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Put the basket back in the fryer and cook until the cheese begins to melt, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining eggplant, if necessary.