Air Fryer Mac and Cheese Balls: The air fryer is amazing for fried stuff. I personally recommend it to you. And this recipe is pretty delicious as an appetizer. Let’s learn how to cook them.
- Preparation Time: 15 m
- Cooking Time: 10 m
- Total Time: 3 h 25 m
Ingredients To Make Air Fryer Mac and Cheese Balls
- 6 cups of water
- 1 package macaroni and cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
ALSO READ: Air Fryer Apple Fritters
Steps To Make Air Fryer Mac and Cheese Balls
- Pour water into a bowl and boil over high heat.
- Add the macaroni paste from the dinner package.
- Cook until tender, stirring occasionally, 7 to 8 minutes. Drain; Do not rinse.
- Return to the pot and add the included cheese sauce, milk and margarine.
- Add the Cheddar cheese and stir until well combined and the cheese melts.
- Refrigerate the macaroni and cheese until firm, 2 hours overnight.
- Place the macaroni and cheese in 1 1/2 inch balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat an air fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix panko, bread crumbs, salt and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Dip each ball in beaten eggs and then in the panko mixture.
- Place the macaroni and cheese balls in the fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they do not touch; Cook in batches if necessary.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Turn and fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 more minutes.