Air Fryer Onion Rings: Are you a fan of onion rings? Well, you are in the right place. This recipe is extra crispy and makes an amazing appetizer to present. Let’s jump to the recipe.
- Preparation Time: 20 m
- Cooking Time: 2 m
- Total Time: 22 m
Ingredients To Make Air Fryer Onion Rings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- cooking spray
- 2 pinches garlic powder
- 2 pinches paprika
ALSO READ: Turkey Beast Air Fryer
Steps To Make Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Add and stir the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Dip the onion rings in the flour mixture until covered; set aside.
- Beat the milk and egg in the flour mixture with a fork.
- Dip the floured rings in the dough to cover.
- Place on a drain rack until the dough stops dripping.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Place the rings one at a time in the crumbs and pull the crumbs over the rings to cover them evenly.
- Hit the rings hard while removing them from the crumbs; The coating should adhere very well. Repeat with the remaining rings.
- Heat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place the rings next to each other in the frying basket. Spray lightly with spray oil.
- Turn the rings and place the basket in the fryer.
- Cook until the rings are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip once in half.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with garlic powder and paprika.