A delightful experience for all sweet lovers, Badam Ka Halwa or Almond Fudge is an easy recipe that you can make for your loved ones. This sweet dish is one of the most popular desserts of North India and can be made on special occasions and festivals like Diwali, Raksha Bandhan etc. This Badam Halwa recipe tastes the best when saffron is added in it. It gives it a pretty orange colour which is even more appealing to the palate. Try this halwa recipe at home and relish its sweet flavours with your family and friends.
- TOTAL TIME-40m
- PREP TIME-20 m
- SOAKING TIME-9 HOURS
ingredients of ALMOND FUDGE
- 1 cup almond
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cardamom powder
Also Read: MOONG DAL HALWA
HOW TO MAKE HALWA
- Take almonds in a bowl. Pour about a cup of hot boiling water. soak the almonds for 5 minutes.
- Empty all the water and rinse it with cold water. Start peeling the almonds.
- While we are blanching the almonds, it will be very easy to remove the skin. It only took me 5 minutes.
- Now take the peeled almonds and milk in a blender
- And grind it into a smooth mash. You can keep it a little big if you want.
- Heat the ghee (clarified butter) in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the ghee is hot, add the mashed almonds. And cook it, stirring continuously.
- Continue to cook until all the milk or moisture has evaporated and it begins to leave the sides of the pan. It took about 10 minutes
- sprigs of saffron and mix well.
- Add the sugar and mix. this amount of sugar suits me perfectly. It gives a semi-sweet taste. If you like sweeter, you can increase the sugar accordingly.
- The sugar will start to melt and the halwa will become liquid again.
- Continue to stir and cook until it begins to leave the sides of the pan and the ghee oozes. This halwa time is ready, turn off the gas heater.