A light and lovely curry made with potatoes, chillies and singhare ka atta. A great recipe for the Navratri fasts. Soak in the delicious, tasty kadhi with potato cubes dipped in it, this makes for a great lunch during the Navratri festival.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Cook Time: 40 mins
Ingredients Of Aloo Ki Kadhi
- 1/2 Kg Potatoes (peeled& mashed smooth), boiled
- 2 tsp Rock salt
- 1/4 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 Cup Singhare ka atta
- For deep-frying Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sour yogurt
- 1 sprig Curry leaf
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Whole red chillies
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 4 Cups Water
- For garnishing Coriander leaves
Also Read: Vratwala Chawal Dhokla
Method of Aloo Ki Kadhi
- Mix the singhare ka ataa, the curd and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl, whisk well and set aside
- The ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and sauté over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, cumin seeds, asafetida and curry leaves and sauté over medium heat for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, chili powder, cumin seed powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the curd-water mixture, mix well and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.