Aloo makhana is an easy snack made with potatoes and foxnuts. Gluten-Free and Vegan. Combine potatoes with nutrients filled makhana (lotus seeds) makes for one scrumptious and filling fasting dish, Aloo Makhana Sabzi.
Ingredients of Aloo makhana
- 1 cup Baby Potatoes
- 1 cup Phool Makhana
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tablespoons Oil
How to Make Aloo makhana
- Boil potatoes along with its skin until well cooked. Remove from heat, peel the skin and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add makhana and roast them on medium to low heat until it is crisp. Remove them in a plate.
- Add remaining oil into the same pan. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add fennel seeds and chopped green chilies and sauté for about 20 seconds.
- Add all the spice powders including red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt/black salt and immediately give it a mix.
- Add boiled potatoes into the pan and toss well.
- Remove from flame, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.