Amla’ or Indian gooseberry is also known as amlaki. It can be used as a powder or as a candy. It is a superb digestive to eat , post a heavy meal. Indian gooseberries are a great source of Vitamin C. It also helps you avoid the grays, and enriches hair growth. It has diuretic properties. Also, helps stimulate metabolism.
Ingredients of Amla Candy
- 10 Nos Amla
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
How to Make Homemade Amla Candy
- Wash Amla properly and pat dry.
- Heat the water in pan. Add the Amla and boil until the color has slightly changed.
- Let it cool.
- Break the Amla into small sections.
- Then, remove the seeds and collect all the Amla pieces in a bowl.
- Cover the Amla with sugar on top and put a lid to the bowl.
- Let this sit for 3 days, you will see that the sugar has melted off into liquid form.
- Take the Amla pieces out of the sugar syrup and let them dry for another 2 days.
- Now that the Amla candy is almost prepared add powdered sugar and mix before storing in an air tight container.