Crumble recipe with a macadamia nut and vanilla crumble topping. This British comfort food classic is best served with lashing of custard or cream.
Ingredients Of Apple and blackberry crumble
- 250g of plain flour
- 170g of butter
- 110g of macadamia nuts
- 110g of almonds
- 110g of sugar
- 4 drops of vanilla extract
APPLE AND BLACKBERRY CRUMBLE FILLING
- 4 apples
- 50g of butter
- 200g of blackberries
- 50g of sugar
Method Of Apple and blackberry crumble
1. Preheat the oven to 160 ° C.
2. To make the crumble topping, mix all the ingredients in a food processor and mix until they look like breadcrumbs.
3. Spread the crumble on a baking sheet and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, making sure to stir the crumble mixture every 10 minutes. Remove when the mixture is golden and set aside to cool.
4. To make the apple and blackberry filling, peel and seed the apples, then cut them into pieces of equal size, about 3 to 4 cm wide.
5. Put a thick-bottomed saucepan over medium heat and add the butter. When it starts to foam, add the apple pieces.
6. Cook gently for 5 to 8 minutes until the apple becomes tender, then add the blackberries and sugar and continue cooking for an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Pour the filling into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle generously with the crumble filling. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes before serving with hot cream, cream, vanilla ice cream or all three!