Here’s a recipe for a simple, wholesome, homemade apple fruit leather that’s perfect for lunch boxes and snacks for kids.
INGREDIENTS of Apple Cinnamon Fruit Roll-Ups
4 cups assorted apples peeled and chopped
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp. cinnamon
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Fruit Roll-Ups
- Wash, peel, and chop apples and place them in a saucepan.
- Add water and cook about 10 minutes.
- Add granulated sugar and cinnamon and mash. Cook 5 minutes.
- Put mixture into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour onto a large baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat and spread with a spatula into a thin layer. Bang the pan on the counter a few times to make sure the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Bake at 170 degrees for 3 hours.
- Allow it to cool, then cut into strips and roll up. Keep in an airtight container.