Prepare these easy and colorful apple and coconut fudge bars (burfi) for a delicious treat. Sweet, slightly mellow and quite delicious, these greedy burfi are made with the goodness of juicy red apples and fresh coconut, flavored with cardamom and saffron, and garnished with pistachios and almonds.
- Prep Time- 10 minutes
- Cook Time- 30 minutes
- Total Time- 30 minutes
Ingredients Of Apple Coconut Burfi
- 3 cup apple (peeled and shredded)
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 tsp crushed cardamom
- 1 Tbsp sliced pistachios (for garnishing)
ALSO READ: Mirchi Bajji (Diwali Special)
Method of Apple Coconut Burfi
- In a non-stick pan, add the coconut, apple and sugar, cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to mix and the apples are very tender. This should take approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder and the nuts, mix well and cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture becomes a soft dough, this should take about 3 minutes, turn the heat.
- Pour the mixture into a greased plate while the Burfi mixture is still hot, spread it evenly about 3/4 inch thick in a square shape. Press the mixture with a spatula to make it firm. Sprinkle the pistachios and lightly press.
- While Burfi is still hot, cut them into about a square inch.
- Let the Burfi cool for about two hours to dry and keep its shape. You can now remove the burfi from the plate.
- Burfi can be stored for 2 weeks in an airtight container.