Apple Coconut Barfi is a delicious treat. This fudge-like barfi super easy to make. It’s also vegan and gluten-free.
Ingredients of Apple Coconut Burfi
- Apple – 3
- Desi Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1.5 cups
- Peanut – 1/2 cup
- Desiccated Coconut – 1 cup
- Almond Flakes – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom – 1 tsp
How to Make Apple Coconut Burfi
- Peel and grate apples. Grate the apples finely and discard the core.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan. Once the ghee melts, add the grated apples to the pan.
- Saute the apples over the medium flame while stirring constantly.
- After 5 minutes, add sugar to the apples and cook the apples till the sugar dissolves completely. Meanwhile, we will grind the peanuts.
- When the sugar dissolves completely, add peanut powder to the apple mixture and mix well.
- Add desiccated coconuts to the mixture and mix well.
- Cook the mixture over the low-medium flame till it attains the curdling consistency.
- When the mixture starts getting thick, add 2 tbsp of almond flakes, 1 tsp of coarsely crush cardamom, and mix well.
- Once the mixture attains the curdling consistency, transfer it to the greased burfi tray and spread the mixture evenly.
- Garnish the burfi with almond flakes and leave the mixture for 2 hours to set.
- Once the mixture cools, refrigerate it. After 2 hours, heat the burfi tray for 10-12 seconds and cut the burfi into desired pieces.
- Transfer the burfi pieces to the serving tray. Apple’s burfi is ready to be served.