Apple strudel is a traditional Viennese strudel, a popular pastry in Austria. Apple Strudel makes for a fantastic fall dessert. Autumn is, of course, a perfect season to bake with apples.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients of Apple Strudles
- 3 Apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar(optional)
How To Make Apple Strudles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper in the oven and preheat them to 400°F.
- Combine the apples, lemon juice, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, flour and raisins in a bowl and stir them.
- Place the pastry onto the baking sheet and roll it using a rolling pin.
- Spread the apple mixture down the center of the pastry lengthwise.
- Fold the sides of the pastry around the apples and Seal the dough together by lightly wetting the pastry.
- Whisk together the egg and the milk. Lightly brush the top of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.