Think of this dish as teriyaki chicken with a South Asian twist, or India meets the other flavors of Asia. For chicken, you will need boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I know some people prefer white meat, but I hope you will try the thighs, they are juicier and tastier than boneless chicken breasts, which makes them much better for the bold flavors of this dish. The marinade is a simple mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar, fresh lime juice, oil, garlic, ginger and spices. What makes it unique is Garam Masala, a mixture of Indian and South Asian aromatic spices containing cinnamon, coriander, cardamom, cumin, nutmeg, mace, grains of pepper and cloves.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Cook Time: 1 hr 15 mins
Ingredients Of Asian BBQ Chicken
- To pan sear the chicken Oil
- For the marinade:
- 2 Chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp Char siu sauce
- 1 Tbsp Garlic & ginger
- 1 tsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Red chilli paste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- To taste Salt & pepper
Also Read: Kapa Maki (Cucumber Sushi Roll)
How to Make Asian BBQ Chicken
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Mix the chicken with the marinade and set aside 15 minutes.
- Pan sear the chicken on both sides.
- Serve with garlic and fried rice with eggs.
- Saturated fat:11g