This recipe is my reconstitution of their avocado egg rolls using as few ingredients as possible. all you need are packages of egg rolls, avocados, tomatoes and oil for frying. I have also included one of my favorite sauces to date. a red sriracha sauce that is both spicy and sweet with a sticky texture.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 5 servings
INGREDIENTS Of Avocado Egg Rolls With Sweet Chili Sauce
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 3 avocados peeled and pitted
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- oil for frying
For the sweet chili sauce:
- 4 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Also Read: Rosemary Potato Wedges for the Air Fryer
INSTRUCTIONS Of Avocado Egg Rolls With Sweet Chili Sauce
- Add avocados, tomato, salt and pepper to a large bowl. Mash the avocados to a thick consistency and stir to combine the ingredients.
- This will become the egg filling. Arrange the egg roll wrappers and a small bowl of water.
- Distribute the egg filling in the packages, picking them up in the bottom third of each package.
- Taking one package at a time, use a finger to brush the water along its four edges. Fold a corner on the filling, then on the sides, then roll it. Roll the last fold with more water to seal.
- Repeat for all other packaging. Add the canola oil to a large saucepan until the oil is about 2 inches deep. Turn the burner over medium heat.
- When the oil temperature reaches 350 F, add the egg rolls in batches. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to drain
- Cut each egg roll diagonally. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a seperate bowl. Mix well.
- Serve with rolls of sliced avocado eggs.