These crumbly, flaky, and irresistibly delicious Samosa Pinwheels can be a great addition to your next office potluck, game party, weekend get-together, and festival celebration.
Ingredients of Baked Samosa Pinwheels
- 2 gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon jalapeno de-seeded
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- ⅓ cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon amchur
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 sheet Frozen puff pastry
How to make Baked Samosa Pinwheels
- Boil potatoes in cooker.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add oil and cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onion and Jalapeno. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add finely chopped ginger and spices, including salt, coriander, garam masala, red chili powder, amchur. Stir everything.
- Add mashed potatoes and mix everything to combine.
- Add thawed peas and chopped cilantro. Mix well and set aside.
- Thaw one sheet of ‘rectangle-shaped’ store-bought puff pastry in the refrigerator. Keep it refrigerated till the filling is cool and ready for use.
- Remove the puff pastry sheet from the fridge. Sprinkle a little all-purpose flour on any rolling surface, and rolling pin. Using the rolling pin, thin out the pastry sheet so it expands.
- Spread the samosa filling in a thin layer all over the pastry sheet.
- Now roll the sheet like a log, starting from the longer side. Use smaller flips so it rolls up into a tight log.
- Once rolled, roll it a few times so the seems seal tightly. Now, trim off ½ inch at the edges and discard.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log in discs. Lay the discs flat and ‘gently’ press down with your fingers, flattening it a bit.
- Lay the discs down in the fryer basket, keeping a little distance between each. Air fry them at 400°F for 8 mins.
- Baked Samosa Pinwheels is ready to serve.