These crispy fries beat their fast-food fried Russet cousins in simplicity and ease. They require fewer cooking steps because they’re baked rather than fried.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
How to Make Sweet Potato Fries
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place baking sheets into the oven so that they preheat.
- Scrub, then slice the sweet potatoes into long sticks.
- Add to a large bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the preheated baking sheets from the oven, and then spread the sweet potatoes between them. Spread the fries out.
- Bake the fries for 15 to 25 minutes.
- Sweet potato fries are done when the surface looks dry and puffed up a little.
- Serve fries with sauce and an extra sprinkle of salt.