This is sure to give your taste buds a different experience. Prepared using ghee, sugar, banana, semolina, milk, green cardamom and raisins, this is a must try dessert recipe for festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi. Try it and enjoy with your loved ones!
- Prep time-5 mins
- Cook time-15 mins
- Total time-20 mins
Ingredient Of Banana Sheera (Ganesh Chaturthi Special)
- 2 -3 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 cup roasted semolina (rava)
- ½ cup chopped bananas (i used elaichi bananas)
- 2-3 green cardamom
- a pinch of saffron
- ½ cup sugar or as required
- 2½ cup hot milk or water
- 8-10 raisin
- 8-10 cashew-nut
- 8-10 almond
Also Read: Matki usal (Ganesh Chaurthi Special)
How to make Banana Sheera (Ganesh Chaturthi Special)
- First boil the milk or water separately with saffron sprigs, sugar, cardamom, almonds and cashews.
- Once the water or milk bubbles shut off the gas and add the raisins towards the end. Keep them covered.
- Meanwhile, take a non-stick pan, add ghee or oil. Add the roasted semolina and continue to stir the semolina for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant.
- Make sure not to burn or brown the semolina too much at this stage. It’s time to add the chopped bananas and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the boiled milk or the water mixture.
- Continue to stir until they mix well. The pudding or halwa would start to get thicker and leave the edges of the pan. Turn off the gas. Serve your warm banana leaf to your loved ones.
- The fresh sheera also tastes tried both.