Batata kees or Batatyacha kees is a Maharashtrian recipe usually cooked during Navratri/janmashtami festival while fasting. It’s a quick and simple snack or breakfast to make.
Ingredients of BATATYACHA KEES
- 2 potatoes, peeled and grated
- ½ cup roasted crushed peanuts
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp lemon
- Salt to taste
- Freshly chopped coriander for garnishing
How to Make BATATYACHA KEES
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Grate the potatoes.
- Soak the grated Potatoes in water for 5 minutes.
- Discard the water and wash the potatoes thoroughly with water 3 times till the excess starch is removed from it.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds to it. Once they start to splutter add crushed green chilli.
- Now add the grated potato. Cover and cook till its half done.
- Then add coarsely grinded peanuts and mix well. Cover and cook again, till it’s done. Stir occasionally so that they do not stick to the pan.
- Add lemon juice and salt. Mix well.
- Serve hot.