A simple meat pie made with beef and pork mince and seasoned with sage, thyme, mustard and cloves. A gorgeous winter dish!
Ingredients Of Beef and Pork Pie
Direction Of Beef and Pork Pie
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place the potato in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, mash and set aside.
- Meanwhile, crumble the ground beef and pork in a large saucepan and add the garlic, onion and water. Season with mustard powder, thyme, cloves and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring to crumble the meat and mix the spices until the meat is evenly browned.
- Remove from heat and stir in the mashed potatoes. Place one of the pie crusts in a 9-inch pie plate. Fill with the meat mixture, then garnish with the other pie crust.
- Prick the upper crust several times with a knife to remove the steam. Crimp the edges using the fork tines and remove any excess dough.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven or until the crust is golden.
- Serve alone or with a beef sauce.