Indian Beetroot Halwa is a unique dessert/sweet filled with the nutrition of Beetroot, Khoya, Milk, and Dry fruits.
Ingredients of Beetroot Halwa
- 3 cups grated beetroot
- 3 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
How to Make Beetroot Halwa
- Rinse, peel and grate the beetroots in food processor.
- Combine milk and grated beetroot in a kadhai.
- Bring the whole mixture to a boil and then simmer.
- When the milk has almost reduced, add the ghee and sugar to the halwa mixture.
- Stir well, continue to simmer and cook on a low heat.
- Keep stirring.
- Add the cashews, cardamom powder and raisins (if using) and simmer till all the milk is evaporated. Stir often.
- Switch off the heat.
- Serve Beetroot Halwa hot.