Chicken Kiev is back !! With this simplified method, it’s easier than ever to do this and you will enjoy one of the best chicken recipes of your life. Kiev chicken is a classic Eastern European recipe from the early 1900s and wait until you see what’s in it !! Chicken breast can be tricky and readers are constantly asking me for good chicken breast recipes.
Ingredients For the Chicken Kiev:
- 3 large chicken breasts 12 oz each breast
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Extra light olive oil or Canola oil to sauté
For the Lemon-Herb Garlic Butter:
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter room temp
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice plus more to drizzle finished chicken
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Also Read: Hearty Hunter’s Stew
Instructions of Hearty Hunter’s Stew
- In a medium bowl, mash all of the Kiev butter ingredients with a fork, until the lemon juice is incorporated into the butter.
- It takes a few minutes, but it comes together.
- Using a thin, sharp knife, cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise, keeping the two halves equal in size and thickness. Carefully cut a pocket in the side of each chicken breast as deep and wide as possible without cutting through the chicken breast.
- Stuff each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon Kiev butter, then close the pouch and push on top of the chicken breast to disperse the butter. Pinch the opening to seal. Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, sprinkle the excess then dip in the eggs, making sure you get a good layer of eggs all around and letting any excess egg drain.
- Finally, dip in the breadcrumbs. Transfer to a dish while forming the remaining chicken Kiev. Add 1/3 “of oil to a large deep pan and place over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot (breadcrumbs should sizzle when you add it to the pan), add the chicken in a single layer and fry until golden brown (4 min per side) Repeat with the second batch, season the hot fried chicken with a pinch of salt, garnish with fresh parsley and squeeze lemon wedges on top and serve.