An exotic blend of indian spices for mouthwatering biryani rice including veg and non veg biryani rice recipe, certainly with this homemade ready mix spice powder, you would never go back to store bought biryani masala powder.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
Ingredients oF Biryani Masala
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon mace strands
- 15 green cardamoms
- 1 tablespoon cloves
- 8 small to medium sized tej patta
- 4 dry red chilies
- 3 black cardamoms
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 1 small nutmeg
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
Instructions For Biryani Masala
- Add the whole spices in a plate or tray. Keep in the sun for 2 to 3 days.
- After getting sun dried, there is no trace of any moisture on the spices and they also become slightly crisp.
- Add all the whole spices in the dry grinder jar. Break the cinnamon and then add.
- Then add the coarsely crushed nutmeg powder.
- Grind to a smooth powder.
- You can seive the powder and grind the tiny bits left on the seive.
- Let the powder cool down.
- Cover tightly and keep in a cool dry place.
- You can also keep the biryani pulav masala powder in the fridge or freezer.