A BLT sandwich with eggs. BLT is a popular British tea time sandwich which stands for bacon, lettuce and tomatoes. Perfect breakfast option to go with a hot cup of tea for a busy morning!
Ingredients Of BLT Eggy Bread
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablesp. milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf white breadAbout 2 tablesp. olive oil
- 12 donnelly bacon rashers, rinds removed
- 1 tablesp. mustards
- 2 tablesp. mayonnaise
- 2 tablesp. ketchup
- 25g rocket leaves
- 4 small vine tomatoes, finely sliced
ALSO READ: Lemon-Batter Fish
Method Of BLT Eggy Bread
- 1. Crack the eggs in a shallow dish, add the milk, season and mix well to combine.
- 2. Place each piece of bread in the egg mixture. Leave to soak for a minute before turning over.
- 3. Heat a large skillet and add half the oil, then add the soaked bread.
- 4. Cook over medium to low heat -2 minutes until golden, then flip and cook for another two minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, preheat the grill. Place the bacon on a rack and cook for a few minutes on each side until it is really crisp. Keep warm.
- 6. Remove the bread from the pan and keep warm.
- 7. Combine mustard and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- 8. Just before serving, spread half of the mustard mayonnaise on the bread, then add a little ketchup, arugula leaves, a layer of tomato slices and season with black pepper.
- 9. Garnish with bacon. Finish by spreading the rest of the mustard mayonnaise on the top half of the egg bread