Summer is here and it’s time to celebrate with this blue Mojito Curaçao! Mojitos are my favorite summer drink so I’m going to mix them up while enjoying the pool with the family.
This drink reminded me of the crystal clear waters of a swimming pool and is beyond cool.
WHAT IS BLUE CURACAO?
Curaçao is a citrus flavored liqueur from the Dutch island of Curaçao. It can also be clear or orange and not always blue. Curacao adds a nice citrus flavor to your favorite cocktail as it is infused with citrus peel.
I often substitute 7Up or Sprite for simple syrup and soda in this recipe. It’s just a little faster than making my own sugar syrup mixture. Blue curacao gives this drink its signature color, but it’s completely optional. Simply omit the curacao for a more traditional mojito drink. The traditional ingredients of the mojito that I like to have stored all summer are: white rum, lime, fresh mint, sugar and sparkling water.
FUN MOJITO VARIATIONS:
- Add the berries to the mojito mixture and toss them with the mint and lime. Raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries are all great options and delicious additions to this drink.
- Experiment with different citrus flavors! To this recipe, try adding lemons or oranges instead of lime.
Also Read: Black Forest Shake
- Use rum infused with lemon, lime or oranges for an even richer citrus touch in this recipe. Bacardi and Malibu offer delicious rum flavors.
- Try adding different flavored sodas to this blue curacao mojito recipe. The Citrus Flavored 7UP is my filler of choice for this recipe because it adds the perfect amount of sweetness and carbination.
- 2 tablespoons of simple syrup
- 1 cup of club soda
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 oz white rum
- 1/2 oz blue curacao (optional)
- 1/2 cup ice
- Crush the mint and lime.
- Add ice.
- Pour the rest of the ingredients above the ice.