Broccoli And Bell Pepper Zunka Recipe is a very popular authentic Maharashtrian recipe which has twist by adding some extra vegetables and increasing the protein content. Zunka is nothing but a chickpea scramble which is prepared with some sautéed vegetables like broccoli, cabbage and bell peppers.
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Broccoli , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , finely chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
1We begin making Broccoli & Bell Pepper Zunka Recipe by prepping all the ingredients and keeping it ready. Make sure that the cabbage is chopped small and finely.
2In a kadai, add one teaspoon of oil and let it heat up. Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, asafoetida and let it crackle.
3Once the cumins seeds have crackled, add in the chopped vegetables – broccoli, bell peppers, cabbage and saute till it is cooked. Since the vegetables are chopped finely, the vegetables should take about 7 minutes to cook completely.
4Meanwhile, in a separate bowl add the red chilli powder, salt, chickpea flour/ besan flour and water, mix well, keep it aside. Add it to the vegetables that are being cooked in the pan. Mix well and cook till it is cooked. Check for seasoning and saute well. Serve Broccoli & Bell Pepper Zunka Recipe along with some toasted bread or just eat it with Bhakri for breakfast.