Broccoli mac and cheese is a traditional that’s tough to beat. If you’re now no longer a fan of having broccoli caught on your teeth, this recipe is for you.
- 1 container pasta
- 1 big head of broccoli (approximately four cups of broccoli florets)
- 1 cup greater sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup yellow cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup heavy cream
- half of tsp pepper
- half of tsp onion powder
- half of tsp garlic powder
- 1/four tsp salt + greater to taste
- Boil the pasta consistent with the package deal instructions. Make positive to order as a minimum 1 cup of pasta water.
- Let’s make the sauce! Cut the broccoli into chew length florets. Rinse thoroughly.
- Place the broccoli florets in a steamer basket and set over a pot with approximately 1 inch of water (simply ensure your steamer isn’t touching the water underneath).
- Bring the water to a boil, cover, and permit steam approximately five mins. Once you may effortlessly reduce via the broccoli effortlessly with a fork, it’s done!
- Put the hot, steamed broccoli at once right into a blender with all of the different ingredients (besides the pasta). Turn the blender on low and step by step boom to excessive. Blend on excessive for approximately three mins till the sauce is a uniform inexperienced shadeation and it starts offevolved to thicken.
- You may want to prevent it a pair instances and scrape down the edges of the blender with a spatula
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta. If it’s too thick, upload a piece of pasta water. Taste and alter seasoning as needed.
Serve! Top with greater cheese in case you want.