Pulao is generally associated with rice. Here, for example, we made a unique pulao with high-fiber bulgur wheat in combination with paneer. While the paneer is rich in protein and calcium, adding carrots also adds vitamin A! Serve this attractive wheat bulgur and Pulaer Pulao with fresh curd to make a complete meal.
Prepare Time: Cook Time: Make In: Makes 1 cup
2 tbsp broken wheat, washed and drained
1/4 cup paneer (cottage cheese) cubes, preferably made with cow’s milk
1/2 tsp ghee
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
a restricted quantity of salt (optional)
1 tsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Heat the ghee in the cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the broken wheat and sauté over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, paneer, salt and ¾ cup of water, mix well and cook under pressure for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Let the steam escape before opening the lid.
- Bulgur Blé and Paneer Pulao is ready. Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.
Nutrient values for 1 cup
|Vitamin A||474.5 mcg|