Payesh is a Bengali version of kheer. Rice and milk pudding flavored with cardamom, dry fruits and a sprinkle of rose water.
Ingredients Of Bundiyar Payesh
- 1/2 Cup Basmati rice
- 2 litre Milk
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Rice
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 2 Green cardamom
- To garnish Raisins
- To garnish Almonds , sliced
- To garnish Cashew nuts, chopped
- Few drops Rosewater
How to Make Payesh
- 1. Wash and wipe the rice and dry it on a plate and set aside.
- 2. milk in a large saucepan. Simmer until it is reduced to 3 quarters of its original volume.
- 3. Add a tablespoon of ghee to the washed rice and mix it.
- 4. Add the rice to the milk.
- 5. Put the sugar when the rice is slightly tender.
- 6. Continue cooking until the milk is reduced by half and begins to thicken.
- 7. Now add the raisins, almonds and chopped cashews, green cardamom powder.
- 8. Remove from heat and add rose water. Let cool and serve.