The buns are light brioche in base which makes them incredibly light and fluffy yet rich and crusty on the outside. The perfect home for a burger!
INGREDIENTS of Burger Bun Without Yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk, warmed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg white, mixed with 1 Tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS for Burger Bun Without Yeast
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, garlic powder and salt. Add the milk and olive oil and, using a spatula, mix until homogeneous.
- Lightly flour your work surface, then unmold and knead it for 1 minute until it collects in a smooth ball.
- Place a damp towel on the dough and let stand for 15 minutes. When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400 ° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour your work surface then divide the dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten it into a 4-inch disc.
- Transfer the buns to the covered baking sheet, spacing them at least 2 inches apart. Brush the top of the buns with the egg white, then sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
- Bake rolls until golden and no longer pasty, 18 to 22 minutes. Remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool before slicing and serving them.
NOTE: The milk should just be warm to the touch. You can reheat it in the microwave for about 30 seconds or in a small pan on the stove.