Sautéeing the garlic till brown gives this rice preparation its unique flavour. Together with green chillies, crunchy vegetables and soya sauce, burnt garlic lends an exciting touch to perfectly cooked Chinese rice. Serve the Burnt Garlic Fried Rice hot, with a garnish of spring onions and fried garlic, for an experience that will be remembered for long.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 servings
2 tbsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
3 cups cooked chinese rice
3 tbsp oil
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/2 cup sliced spring onions whites
1/4 cup finely chopped spring onion greens
3/4 cup chopped and parboiled mixed vegetables
(french beans and carrots)
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp vinegar
salt to taste
For The Garnish
2 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
1 tbsp fried garlic (lehsun)
Method To Make Burnt Garlic Fried Rice
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a high flame for 2 minutes or till the garlic turns brown in colour.
- Add the green chillies and spring onion whites and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spring onion greens and sauté on a high flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the mixed vegetables and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the soya sauce, vinegar, rice and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Burnt Garlic Fried Rice is ready. Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens and fried garlic.