A soup that has a touch of everything you love! It’s cheesy, it’s tangy, its’ crunchy, it’s creamy, it’s all that you can ask for. Yes, the Butter Beans and Mixed Vegetable Cheese Soup is a sumptuous treat that combines crunchy and juicy veggies like onions, capsicum and tomatoes with cooked butter beans.
Tomato ketchup and herbs give it a memorable flavour, while a garnish of cheese gives it a gooeyness you can’t resist. Enjoy this soup hot and fresh, with slices of buttery toast.
Preparation Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 12 mins Total Time: 32 mins Makes 4 servings
1 cup soaked , deskinned and cooked vaal (field beans/ butter beans)
3/4 cup finely chopped onions
3/4 cup finely chopped capsicum
1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1/2 tsp dried oregano
salt and to taste
For The Garnish
1/4 cup grated processed cheese
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the butter beans, tomato ketchup, oregano, salt, pepper powder and 3 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||302.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||44.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||13.2 mcg|