Fried donuts made with cabbage, gram flour, rice flour and seasoned with some spices. Quick and easy to make a tea time snack.
- Preparation time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 15 minutes
- Total time – 30 minutes
Ingredients Of Cabbage vada
- ½ cup Besan (gram of flour)
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Kasoori methi
- Salt to taste
- 2 green peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander or coriander leaves,
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/3 cup of water
- Pakoda frying oil
READ ALSO: Nippattu (Diwali Special)
Instructions Of Cabbage vada
- Take the besan and rice flour in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the pakoda ingredients, except water and oil. Mix well.
- Before adding water to make the dough, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat for frying. Also line a plate with paper towels and set aside. Add water shortly and make a paste of medium to thick consistency.
- With your hand, drop a spoonful of dough into the hot oil. Fry until it turns golden brown and crisp on all sides.
- Keep moving with a slotted spatula for even browning. Once fried, remove it using a spatula and also drain the excess oil.
- Use a plate lined with paper towel so that it absorbs the extra oil. Fry the next batch