These toast mugs are a great base for other ideas – fill them with fresh fruit, or even chili con carne or your own concoction for something different every time. These would also be delicious with a dot of sour cream on each of them.
Ingredients Of Caribbean Cup (Calcium Rich)
For the tortillas
- spray oil
- 6 white, whole-meal or seeded soft flour tortillas
For the filling
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, cut into 1cm/½in dice
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, peeled, stoned and cut into 1cm/½in dice
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled, stone removed, cut into 1cm/½in dice or 125g ready-prepared mango pieces, cut into 1cm/½in dice
- 200g canned red kidney beans
- 2 onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 red chilli
- 1 lime, juice only
- ½ bunch fresh mint
- flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Also Read: Crab Cakes Benedict
Method Of Caribbean Cup (Calcium Rich)
- Preheat the oven to 200C (fan 180C). Spray two shallow 12-hole cupcake trays with oil and set aside. You can work in two separate batches if you only have one bin.
- Put the tortillas in a stack on top of each other on a cutting board and cut them into quarters to make 24 pieces.
- Push a quarter into each hole in the cupcake trays, pressing down to adjust it. Really press it to form a solid bottom and the tops should be flared at the top to create a “cup”. Bake for about five minutes, or until the cups are crisp and brown – keep an eye out for them as they can burn very quickly.
- For the garnish, combine the red pepper, avocado, mango, red beans, new onions, chilli, lime juice and mint in a large bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add a little oil if desired. Once the tortilla cups are crisp and golden, remove them from the oven and on a serving plate.
- Divide the filling mixture evenly between the cups and serve.