I love cooking. This rich dessert i easily made with just a few simple ingredients for my family and friends.
Ingredients for Carrot Rings
- 500 gm Carrots
- 100 gm sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup Cashews powder
- 1/4 cup Mawa/khoya
- 2 tbsp sugar powder /castor sugar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped Pistachio
Steps for Carrot Rings
Firstly rinse, peel and cut the carrots in big pieces. Scoop the carrots wuth the help of knife.
2. In a heavy kadai now make suger syrup and soakcarrots in sugar syrop add little ghee and cook it on low heat for 15 minutes and continue to cook on low – medium flame, we will see carrots begin to release moisture.Stir continuously for another 2-3 minutes or until it become thick.
3. Now when the temperature come down to slightly hot then spread it evenly in a greased tray.
4. Add castor sugar and 1tsp cardamom powder in khoya mix well and roast till light brown. Cover and cook until carrots evaporate completely.Now add cashew powder, mawa, sugar powder and cardamom powder mix well and fill the khoya in scooped carrots.
5. In another pan heat 1/2tsp ghee add desiccated coconut and saute in low flame until it turn automatic. Roll the carrots in desiccated coconut.
6. Place red rings over the white rings and press it very lightly…garnished it with chopped pistachios in center.
Enjoy this delicious Carrot rings.