It is used in Indian, Bangladeshi and Pakistani cuisine to flavor fruit salads made with papaya, sapota, apples or bananas. Chaat masala is also sprinkled on potatoes, fruit, egg toast, and ordinary salads in India. It usually consists of amchoor, cumin, cilantro, dried ginger, salt, black pepper, asafoetida, and chili powder.
Ingredients Of Chaat Masala
- 1 Cup coriander seeds
- 1 1/4 cups cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup ajwain
- 1/2 cup mango powder
- 2 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/4 cups black rock salt, powdered
- 4 tsp black pepper, powdered
- 2 tsp citric acid
- 1/2 cup dried mint leaves, powdered
How to make Chaat Masala
- Roast the coriander, cumin and ajwain in a heavy pan till dark brown.
- Remove from pan and leave to cool.
- Put all the ingredients together in mixer grinder.
- Make in the powder form.
- Chaat masala is ready.
- Store in an airtight jar.